Devil's Food Cake
- 1 C sour milk or 1 c buttermilk
- 2 C Grandpa's Kitchen Flour Blend
- 2 C granulated sugar
- ⅔ C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ salt (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 8" round cake pans or 11x13" pan.
- Mix milk and vinegar together and set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix together all ingredients except water and baking soda. Add soda to boiling water. Pour into batter and mix well.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until middle is set. Tooth pick should come out clean. Let cool 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar or frost with frosting.
*1 c milk plus 2 tsp white vinegar or lemon juice