Moist and Delicious Birthday Cake
- 2¾ C Grandpa's Kitchen Flour Blend
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ C shortening or butter
- 3 whole eggs or 5 egg whites
- 1⅔ C sugar
- 2½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ C milk
- ¾ C sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in separate bowl.
- In bowl beat shortening until smooth. Slowly add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg. Beat in vanilla.
- On low speed add flour mixture and milk alternately, mixing until just combined. When all the flour and milk in added mix well, scraping bowl.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Fill cupcakes 2/3 full. Bake for 18 minutes (my oven bakes hot so you may need a couple more minutes). Or put in 9x13 baking pan and bake 40-45 minutes.