Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1¾ C boiling water
- 1 C uncooked oatmeal
- 1 stick butter
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1¾ C Grandpa's Kitchen Flour Blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pkg chocolate chips
- ¾ C nuts
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pour water over oatmeal and let stand 20 minutes.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add oatmeal.
- Add other ingredients and mix together.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
May need more flour if batter is runny. Top with the following options:
- Chocolate chips, ½ c brown sugar, and chopped nuts. Mix together and sprinkle on cake before cooking
- Coconut Pecan Frosting: Boil together 6 Tbsp butter, ¼ c canned milk, and 1 c brown sugar. Add 1 tsp vanilla, 1 c coconut, and 1 c chopped nuts. Spread on cake and broil 2 minutes.