Perfect Yellow “Dump” Cake
- 1 C butter or margarine
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2½ tsp vanilla
- 2½ C Grandpa's Kitchen flour blend
- 2 C sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 C buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream softened butter until smooth (butter needs to be very soft, not just room temperature, but not melted)
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well before adding the next egg.
- Add egg yolks one at a time as well, beating well in between.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. I don’t usually do this even when the recipe requires it, but I do for this recipe. Alternate adding the flour mixture with the buttermilk, incorporating well each time.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top of the cake is golden brown. Cool completely before frosting.