Perfect Yellow “Dump” Cake
- 1 C butter or margarine
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2½ tsp vanilla
- 2½ C Grandpa's Kitchen flour blend
- 2 C sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 C buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream softened butter until smooth (butter needs to be very soft, not just room temperature, but not melted)
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well before adding the next egg.
- Add egg yolks one at a time as well, beating well in between.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. I don’t usually do this even when the recipe requires it, but I do for this recipe. Alternate adding the flour mixture with the buttermilk, incorporating well each time.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top of the cake is golden brown. Cool completely before frosting.
3 thoughts on “Perfect Yellow “Dump” Cake”
I sure wish this said how many cupcakes so I knew how much to fill them. I wish it had an adjustment for making it into a cake so I knew what size pan and how much longer to bake.
I just made them and they have a beautiful soft texture and are delicious. I used them for strawberry shortcake. Remember to add the vanilla, I added it with the buttermilk. I used powdered buttermilk. I filled 24 silicone cupcake liners in my tins. I sprayed them with coconut oil. I baked both trays together for 25 minutes at 325 degrees in my convection oven. The toothpick came out clean. 24 was a good number for this batter.
That is a great suggestion. I will look at the recipes and add that information. Thank you for letting us know how many cupcakes you were able to bake out of our cake mix. I’m so glad the cupcakes were a hit, it is a great recipe!!