- 4 large eggs
- 2 C white sugar
- 1 C oil
- 2 C gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 C grated carrots
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 Pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1½ C chopped walnuts, toasted
- Whisk eggs and sugar on high speed until thick and fluffy.
- With mixer on medium speed, add oil in a steady stream. Sift together baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture in fourths, scraping down the bowl as needed. Once flour is fully incorporated, use a spatula to fold in the carrots until evenly combined.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
- On medium speed cream together the butter and powdered sugar, scraping the bowl as needed (2 to 3 min). With the mixer on medium speed, add cream cheese, one chunk at a time.
- After all the cream cheese is in, set the mixer to high speed and beat the frosting until smooth, fluffy, and no lumps remain (5 min), scraping down the bowl a couple of times to make sure you don’t have stray cream cheese stuck to the bowl.