Chopped Salad with Spicy Pork and Buttermilk Dressing
- 1 pork tenderloin about 1 lb
- Coarse salt & ground pepper
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 ¼ lbs romaine lettuce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 oz pepper Jack cheese cubed
- ½ c buttermilk
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a small bowl combine chile powder, 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Place pork on prepared baking dish; rub with spice mixture. Broil pork 14 to 16 minutes, turning twice during cooking. Let pork rest 10 minutes, then cut into bite-size chunks.
- Make dressing: In a large bowl whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, scallion whites, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Add romaine, tomatoes, cheese, scallion greens, and pork to the bowl. Toss to combine and serve immediately.