Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 c sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 c half-and-half
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¾ c white sugar
- ½ c Grandpa's Kitchen Flour Blend
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 9 inch gluten-free pie shell, baked
- 1 c whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and bake it, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt and mix well. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes more. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in 3/4 cup of the toasted coconut and the vanilla extract. Reserve the remaining coconut to top the pie.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- Top with whipped topping and with the reserved coconut.