Peach Pie Filling
- 6 quarts of peaches, peeled & sliced
- 7 C sugar
- 2 C plus 3 Tbsp Clear Jel
- 5¼ C cold water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp almond extract, opt.
- 1¾ C lemon juice
- Bring a pot of water to boil. In batches of about 6 cups each, place peaches into boiling water. Boil peaches 1 minute after the water returns to a boil. Keep warm in a large pot or bowl. Prepare about 6 quarts sliced peaches. Reserve juice left in the bowl.
- Combine 5 ¼ c water, sugar, and clear jel in a large pot. Heat and stir until mixture begins to thicken and bubble. Add lemon juice and any spices or flavorings and boil for 1 minute. Add juice from the bowl to desired thickness.
- Gently add sliced peaches and head for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Fill jars leaving a 1 inch headspace. Wipe rims clean, remove any air bubble, and place hot lids. Process for 25 minutes.