Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 2 lbs ground beef chuck
- 2 cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- corn tortillas
- ⅔ C sour cream
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- ½ head lettuce shredded
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- Cilantro sprigs
Mango Avocado Salsa:
- 1 mango diced
- 1 med avocado diced
- ½ med red onion chopped
- ¼ tsp salt and pinch of pepper
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp Juice of 1 lime
- Make mango avocado salsa and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add 2 lbs ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally until cooked through (5 minutes).
- Use a spoon to skim off and discard most of the excess fat, leaving about 2 to 3 Tbsp in the pan.
- Add 2 cans of tomatoes, 1 tsp chili powder, and 1 tsp salt.
- Continue to cook until beef is fully cooked, sauce slightly reduced, and most of the tomato liquid has evaporated (7 to 10 minutes).
- Before serving, slightly grill both sides of the corn tortilla until just hot (15 to 30 seconds per side).
- Remove to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- To serve, place a heaping spoonful of beef over each tortilla, top with lettuce, mango salsa, sprigs of cilantro, sour cream, and a sprinkle of chili powder if desired. Squeeze fresh lime juice just before eating.